San Mateo County is a great place to live! There are many reasons why people choose to stay in San Mateo county as the place where they want to raise their family and find their forever home. We asked San Mateo County residents what they think about living here, and this is what they had to say:
1. The Weather – It’s moderate year round! It never gets too hot or too cold. If you are looking to live in a place where the weather is moderate, the Peninsula is perfect! Winters seldomly dip below 45 degrees farenheit and Summers seldomly exceed 85 degrees farenheit.
- “I love the weather here. It’s perfect!”
- “We have a gorgeous climate in San Mateo County, and I can’t imagine living anywhere else.”
- “The weather is perfect. It’s not too hot or cold but there are plenty of sunny days throughout the year.”
2. Schools – Consistent in rankings and all cities have their local schools.
- “There are good schools for kids of all ages here.”
- “The schools are top notch with an excellent reputation. Our children have a great time at school and we know they’re getting a quality education.”
- “I love the public schools here. My daughter is excelling in all of her classes, which I feel confident about because she has been taught by some of the best teachers!”
3. Proximity to work – Being close to work is important for most, even post-covid. Whether you work completely at home or need to commute 5 days a week, being close to work has been an important and pivotal reason people want to live close by.
- “I love the proximity to work. I can go from my home office to work in just a few minutes! It’s really convenient.”
- “I don’t have far commute at all!”
- “It’s an easy drive or short commute no matter which direction I need to go.”
4. Resale value – Due to being surrounded by 3 sides of water (the Peninsula), there is a strong expectation of values being higher as demand continues to be maintained throughout time for the area due to strong job opportunties.
- “I love the resale value. I know that if and when we ever want to leave, our house will command a good price.”
- “There are a lot of young professionals and families moving in here due to the excellent schools. That means that there’s always demand for homes, which translates into a better resale value.”
- “I love how this area retains its values. I know we will be able to resell our home for what we purchased it for or more!”
- “We love that our house will be worth more when we sell it.”
5. Convenience to San Francisco and Silicon Valley – There are so many options for entertainment, restaurants, and retail due to being at the heart of the Bay Area.
- “I like how easy it is to get where I need to be with so many transportation options available.”
- “There are a lot of things close by that we enjoy doing. We could go for dinner at downtown San Mateo, catch an event at the HP Pavilion or spend our day shopping in Redwood City!”
- “We are only an hour away from Napa/Wine Country, less than four hours from Lake Tahoe/the slopes and less than 2 hours away from Monterey.”
Please reach out with your feedback, observations or questions! Call us at 650.852.1400 or email us at [email protected].